Goal as a Teacher for 2010-2011
As I’m grading and trying to meet the deadline for the grades…. I got to thinking. What are my goals for next school year? Let me list it and then, by next May (yay for private schools letting us out early… I’d get to finish my finals without fear! lol) let’s see how well I’ve done.
- Grade ASAP – Let this be a goal of a returning homework to students no more than 2 days after they turned it in!
- Be more organized – Make good use of file cabinets, folders, and stuff… I need to practice what I preach! … And to make my life a lot more easier, of course…. This will go for homework assignment, grading system, filing system, life in general… etc.
- More Technology! – Got to explore more technology to use… Of course, that SmartBoard I’ll be getting will make this goal easier to accomplish. Heh.
- Be more reflective – and not because of the TPA! Hopefully this blog will be my reflection arena.
- Use more Chinese in the classroom – Speaking common phrases, be more corrective in students’ tones, and be more active in immersing students in Chinese.
5 should be fine for next year. Of course, as the year goes on, there would be some added to the list and some removed, hopefully. But I think this would be just fine. And of course…. to continue building this blog! Heh, that has to be said.
So what’s your goal as a teacher for 2010 – 2011?